Information about Amoxapine
Amoxapine is used in the treatment of depression. It is used in patients intolerant of or unresponsive to alternative treatment options for depression.
How amoxapine works
Amoxapine increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of amoxapine
Weight gain, Dryness in mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Difficulty in urination, Increased heart rate, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Constipation, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Drowsiness
Available Medicine for Amoxapine
- ₹58 to ₹108La Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹82Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹85Psycormedies2 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹80Sunrise Remedies Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹136Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹100Psycogen Captab2 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹73KC Laboratories2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Amoxapine
- You have been prescribed Amoxapine for treatment of depression.
- It may have a faster onset of action as compared to some other antidepressant medications.
- Drink plenty of fluids as it may cause dehydration and constipation.
- Monitor your weight during the treatment as Amoxapine can cause weight gain and increased appetite.
- Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Amoxapine affects you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes, unusual movements or develop suicidal thoughts.
Frequently asked questions for Amoxapine
Q. What are the uses of Amoxapine?
Amoxapine is used for the treatment of depression
Q. How does Amoxapine work?
It acts by increasing the amount of chemicals (norepinephrine and serotonin) that is required to maintain normal mental balance
Q. Does Amoxapine cause weight gain?
Amoxapine causes change in weight (increase or decrease).