Acarbose + Metformin
Information about Acarbose + Metformin
Acarbose + metformin uses
Acarbose+Metformin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How acarbose + metformin works
This is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Acarbose and metformin. Acarbose works by slowing down the breakdown of complex sugars into simpler sugars. This reduces the post-meal rise in blood sugar. Metformin lowers the production and absorption of sugar in your body and allows better use of existing insulin.
Common side effects of acarbose + metformin
Nausea, Taste change, Loss of appetite, Flatulence, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Skin rash
Available Medicine for Acarbose + Metformin
- ₹96 to ₹145Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Acarbose + Metformin
- Take it with food to lower your chance of having an upset stomach.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxious feeling.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while taking this medicine.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting or stomach pain as Acarbose + Metformin may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.