Medicine Overview of Lipobay Tablet
Side effects of Lipobay Tablet
Headache, Stomach pain, Constipation, Feeling sick, Muscle pain, Weakness, Dizziness, Increased glucose level in blood.
How to use Lipobay Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Lipobay Tablet works
Lipobay 0.3mg tablet is a cholesterol-lowering medicine (statins). It works by blocking an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lower "bad" cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides and raise "good" cholesterol (HDL).
In Depth Information on Lipobay Tablet
Expert advice for Lipobay Tablet
- Decreases bad cholesterol and triglycerides, and increases good cholesterol levels.
- Helps prevent heart attack, stroke and death, especially if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity or a history of smoking.
- In general, Lipobay is safe. It may cause diarrhoea, gas, heartburn or an upset stomach. If any of these happen to you, take it with food (preferably half an hour after dinner).
- Inform your doctor if you have sudden muscle pain, fever, weakness, dark urine or yellow colour in your eyes or skin.
- Your doctor may ask you to check your blood sugar before and after you start Lipobay.
Special precautions for Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet
Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients+more
with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Lipobay+more
0.3mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Azivent 500mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule
If you miss a dose of Cerivastatin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Substitutes for Lipobay
No substitutes found for this medicine