Medicine Overview of Lipobay Tablet
Side effects of Lipobay Tablet
Headache, Stomach pain, Constipation, Feeling sick, Muscle pain, Weakness, Dizziness, Increased glucose level in blood.
How to use Lipobay Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Lipobay Tablet works
Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet is a lipid-lowering medication (statin). It works by blocking an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides and raises "good" cholesterol (HDL).
In Depth Information on Lipobay Tablet
Expert advice for Lipobay Tablet
- Lipobay lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL). It helps prevent heart attack and stroke.
- Lipobay prevents one death in every 50 patients with heart disease treated over 4 to 5 years.
- It is better to take in the evening.
- In general, Lipobay is safe. It may cause digestive problems like diarrhoea, gas. If any of these happen to you, take it with food.
- Notify your doctor if you are more tired than usual, do not feel hungry, or if you have yellow eyes, skin or dark urine.
- Notify your doctor if you experience muscle symptoms (pain or weakness), particularly if you have fever, a sick feeling or dark urine.
- Regular exercise and low-fat diet further help to lower levels of fat in the blood.
Lipobay Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Lipobay Tablet
Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients+more
with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lipobay 0.3mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Lipobay+more
0.3mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Itragreat 100mg Capsule, Flutis 150mg Tablet, Azibey 200mg Suspension, Alicin 200mg Suspension
If you miss a dose of Cerivastatin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
No Patient Concerns found for this medicine
Substitutes for Lipobay
No substitutes found for this medicine