Medicine Overview of Cotaryl AF Cream
Uses of Cotaryl AF Cream
Cotaryl AF Cream is used in the treatment of constipation.
Side effects of Cotaryl AF Cream
Abdominal pain, Anal irritation.
How to use Cotaryl AF Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Cotaryl AF Cream works
Liquid paraffin belongs to a class of drugs called laxatives. It works by softening the hard stools and thus relieves constipation. It also acts as an emollient (agent that softens or soothes the skin) that moisturizes dry skin, thereby relieving dryness and itching.
In Depth Information on Cotaryl AF Cream
Expert advice for Cotaryl AF Cream
- Together with Cotaryl af, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Cotaryl af for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Cotaryl af after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- A Cotaryl af should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Cotaryl af may be taken with milk or fruit juice to improve the flavor.
Special precautions for Cotaryl AF Cream
No interaction found
Cotaryl AF Cream is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Cotaryl AF Cream d+more
uring lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Cotaryl AF Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Cotaryl AF Cream is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Cotaryl AF Cream may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Cotaryl AF Cream is probably safe to use in patients with li+more
ver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Cotaryl AF Cream may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of liquid paraffin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Cotaryl AF 10.2% w/w Cream
User Submitted Feedback For Cotaryl AF 10.2% w/w Cream
Patients taking Cotaryl AF Cream
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Cotaryl AF
No substitutes found for this medicine