OneTouch Select Plus Simple Glucometer with 10 Free Strips
LifeScan is a world leader in blood glucose monitoring – globally more than 20 million people depend on our iconic OneTouch brand products to help them manage their diabetes. The OneTouch brand is the No.1 recommended brand of glucometer by diabetologists in India, according to a survey conducted in 2023 with 150 diabetologists in India.OneTouch Select Plus Simple glucometer machine is simple to use - No set-up, No buttons, No coding. It is easy to understand when your readings are high, low or in-range, with ColourSure technology. This blood sugar test machine comes with 7 years of proven accuracy and meets International Standards Organisation requirements of EN ISO 15197:2015 (EN ISO 15197: 2015 In vitro diagnostic test systems – Requirements for blood-glucose monitoring systems for self-testing in managing diabetes mellitus (ISO 15197:2013)). It comes with UltraSoft 2 Lancing Device which is designed for less pain when pricking. This glucometer uses only OneTouch Select Plus test strips.Refer to the demonstration video in the listing to learn how to use the product for Simple and Accurate Blood Glucose testing.For any product related query or free registration of your product for warranty, please reach us on 1800-22-55-44 from Monday to Sunday - 8am to 8pm. Or Email us on : [email protected]
. You can also register your meter for warranty on www.onetouch.in
It helps to monitor the blood glucose level, thus keeping diabetes and related issues in check.Product Specifications and Features:
- Make the simple choice: Make blood sugar monitoring simple with OneTouch Select Plus Simple blood sugar test machine which comes with 1 glucometer, 1 vial of 10 free Select Plus test strips, 1 UltraSoft 2 lancing device and 10 sterile lancets
- No.1 recommended brand by Diabetologists: The OneTouch brand is the No.1 recommended brand of glucometer by diabetologists in India. *As per a survey conducted in India in 2023 with 150 Diabetologists.
- Simple to Use: OneTouch Select Plus Simple Glucometer Machine is simple to use. No setup, no buttons, no coding required
- Easy to understand: It makes it easy to understand whether your reading is high, low or in-range with Coloursure technology
- Accuracy you can trust: This blood sugar test machine has 7 years of proven accuracy and meets the latest requirements of EN ISO 15197:2015 (EN ISO 15197: 2015 In vitro diagnostic test systems – Requirements for blood-glucose monitoring systems for self-testing in managing diabetes mellitus (ISO 15197:2013))
- Designed for less pain: This glucometer comes with UltraSoft 2 Lancing Device which is designed for less pain while pricking
- Uses only OneTouch Select Plus Test Strips: This glucometer machine uses only OneTouch Select Plus test strips. OneTouch Select Plus test strips can be used up to expiry date printed on the vial
OneTouch Select Plus Simple Glucometer is compatible with only OneTouch Select Plus Test Strips.Directions for Use:
- The first step is to wash your hands with soap and water, pat-dry them with a towel. You can also use an alcohol swab to clean your finger before testing but ensure the fingertip is completely dry before you test
- Remove the diabetes test strip from the box of strips. Insert it into the slot on the glucometer just before you prick your finger
- Next, use a clean lancet (a device that holds the needle) or insert a clean needle in the lancet, which can help you to prick the end of your finger
- Prick the side of your fingertip and wait till blood oozes out. Wipe off the first drop gently and then put a drop or two onto the designated place on a test strip attached to the glucometer
- Hold a clean cotton pad or gauze on the prick site to stop blood flow.
- Apply pressure on the area of the insertion until the bleeding stops
- Your blood glucose level will appear on the meter's display. Note down your readings as it helps you to monitor your glucose levels from time to time
- Repeat this procedure every time you test your blood glucose level
- Read the label carefully before use
- Store in a cool and dry place. Do not refrigerate
- Keep away from direct heat and sunlight
- Each strip is for single use only
- Keep out of the reach and sight of the children
- Dispose of the used strips properly
- Do not use it if the expiry date has passed
- To be used within 6 months of opening the test strip vial
- Every time you start to use a new box of test strips, make sure to calibrate your meter
Frequently Asked Questions:Can the test strips be reused?
- Do not squeeze the finger when taking a blood drop sample
No. The blood glucose test strips are for single use only and should never be reused. Reusing a used test strip will not provide accurate results. It is strongly advised to always discard after one use.What are the benefits of a glucometer?
It is well known that testing blood glucose levels with a glucometer at home is one of the best ways to manage diabetes. It can help test blood glucose at any time of the day and anywhere. Using a portable glucometer is the best way to test glucose when travelling. Charting of blood glucose levels becomes easy with glucometers especially with devices having memory options to store previous readings. These on-time blood glucose monitors can help keep the blood glucose level in check and better manage diabetes. What is a normal glucometer reading?
According to the American Diabetes Association, the fasting or preprandial blood glucose levels for individuals with diabetes should lie between the range of 80 – 130 mg/dl and postprandial (1-2 hours after meals) should be less than 180 mg/dl. However, the range mentioned in the glucose monitor may be a little different. So, it is advised to consult a doctor to calibrate the results with the lab reports.How often should the blood glucose be tested?
For type 1 diabetes, checking the blood glucose levels several times a day (pre and post-meals, before and after exercise) is needed or as advised by the doctor. Whereas, for type 2 diabetes, the frequency of monitoring the sugar levels might be based on the severity of the condition, which can be several times a day, once a day, or thrice a week. Therefore, it would be best to consult a doctor about how often blood glucose should be tested.Note:
- Customer Care contact number: 1800-22-55-44 from Monday to Sunday - 8 AM to 8 PM
- Register the meter for the warranty on www.onetouch.in