It helps to prevent and treat low levels and avitaminosis of Vitamin C. These tablets are also taken to improve fatigue and to fulfill the increased need for Vitamin C during growth, pregnancy, lactation, and while recovering from a prolonged severe illness. This tablet can also help lower the risk of infections during winters as it contains Vitamin C which is a potent antioxidant that fights free radicals in the body and helps flush out harmful toxins from the body, thereby improving immune function.
These tablets contain Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), which is a water-soluble vitamin and is necessary for normal growth and development. This vitamin is an antioxidant that helps maintain the connective tissue protein collagen, protects against infections, and facilitates iron absorption.
Vitamin C is beneficial for the skin as well, so taking this medicine together with other anti-acne medicine can ensure better management of acne. Besides helping in the absorption of iron from food, it also helps in wound healing and maintenance of bone mass. It is generally safe with little or no side effects. If you are taking any other medications or diet supplements, it is best to inform your doctor to avoid drug interaction.
Vitamin C/Ascorbic Acid: (500 mg)
Key benefits/uses of New Celin 500 Tablet:
- Boosts immunity and reduces the incidence of infectious diseases by almost half.
- Improves skin health as it promotes collagen synthesis, a protein that helps heal wounds, repair skin, and strengthen cartilage & bones
- Promotes hair growth as Vitamin C aids in the absorption of iron, a mineral that helps in hair growth by ensuring the supply of nutrients to the hair follicles
- Is needed for the synthesis of collagen, a protein that is important for the growth and development of hair, nails, and skin
- Prevents greying of hair due to its antioxidant property that fights oxidative stress caused due to free radicals
- Fights premature aging of the skin and its signs such as wrinkles and freckles
- Reverses cell damage caused by harmful free radicals, thus helping to keep the skin soft and maintain elasticity
- Lowers cholesterol levels significantly, promoting cardiovascular health. It also dilates the arteries which help reduce the chances of blockage, thus lowering the risk of heart attacks
- Helps to maintain blood sugar level as they prevent spikes in the sugar levels and are effective in the management of diabetes
- Fights against infections due to the powerful antioxidant and immune-boosting property of Vitamin C
- Aids in the treatment of Vitamin C deficiency or scurvy (which is characterized by weakness, anemia, bleeding gums, and blood spots on the skin)
Directions for use:
Use as directed by the physician. Take this medication by mouth with or without food as suggested by your doctor. It is usually recommended to be taken once or twice daily.
Quick tips for New Celin 500 Tablets:
- Take it at the same time every day as this will help you remember when to take it. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine. For example, Vitamin C can increase the absorption of iron from food, so if you are already taking iron supplements, then consult your doctor to prevent any health complications.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any existing medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, kidney, or liver problem, it is wise to consult your doctor before taking this tablet.
- Remember, vitamin supplements are intended to supplement the diet of people who fail to meet the requirement through diet. It should not be a substitute for a well-balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
Side-effects of New Celin 500 Tablet:
These tablets are usually safe and do not cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation. It is because Vitamin C is water-soluble, which means that excess of this vitamin gets eliminated from the body through urine.
Although excessive dietary intake of Vitamin C is unlikely to be harmful, higher doses of these supplements might cause diarrhea or nausea. In case you experience any side effects, then it is wise to contact your doctor promptly.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of the children.
FAQs related to New Celin 500 Tablet:
Q. What is Celin 500 tablet used for?
This tablet is commonly used to treat and prevent Vitamin C deficiency and scurvy, a condition caused due to a severe deficiency of this vitamin. In some cases, it is also used as a supplement to boost immunity and help fight against flu & seasonal allergies.
Q. When should I take Celin 500 tablets?
These tablets should be taken orally. The chewable tablets are to be chewed before swallowing. It is recommended to take 1-2 tablets per day (equivalent to 500 or 1000 mg/day) until symptoms subside.
Q. Can Celin 500 be taken with water?
It is recommended to take it with a glass of water unless your doctor directs you otherwise. If you are taking the wafers or chewable tablets, chew them thoroughly and then swallow. If you are taking the lozenges, place the lozenge in your mouth and allow it to slowly dissolve.
Q. What does Celin 500 tablet contain?
Celin 500 tablet contains Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) which is a water-soluble vitamin necessary for normal growth and development. Vitamin C has antioxidant properties that help maintain the connective tissue protein collagen, protect against infection, and facilitate iron absorption.
Q. How much Vitamin C do you need daily?
The recommended per day dose of Vitamin C varies from person to person, depending on their age. According to the National Institute of Nutrition, the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of Vitamin C for the Indian population is:
- Infants (0-12 months): 25 mg per day.
- Children (1-9 years): 40 mg per day.
- Older kids (10-18 years): 40 mg per day.
- Adults, including men and women (18 – <60 years): 40 mg per day.
- Pregnant women: 60 mg per day.
- Breastfeeding women (0-12 months): 80 mg per day.
Q. Can I take Vitamin C daily?
For adults, the recommended daily dose of Vitamin C is around 40 mg a day and the upper limit is 2,000 mg a day. Although too much dietary Vitamin C is unlikely to be harmful, higher doses of Vitamin C supplements might cause diarrhea or nausea.
Q. Is taking Vitamin C tablets good for the skin?
Vitamin C can help fend off the signs of aging because of its vital role in the body's natural collagen synthesis. It helps to heal damaged skin and in some cases, reduces the appearance of wrinkles. Adequate intake of Vitamin C can also help repair skin damage and prevent dry skin. References:
- Vitamin C. NIN. ICMR.