It is a nutritional supplement used to support the immune system. It contains Vitamin C and Zinc both of which are known to play a crucial role in strengthening the immune system and lowering your risk of infections. Healthvit C Vitan Z tablet contains 500 mg of Vitamin C and 5 mg of Zinc. It not only boosts your immunity but also plays a key role in supplying your body with its daily allowance of both nutrients.
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant, which helps in fighting free radicals in the body and flush harmful toxins from the body. This property helps to improve immune function and lower the risk of infections. It not only helps in the absorption of iron from food but also plays a key role in the synthesis of a skin protein called collagen. This vitamin also helps in wound healing and maintenance of bone mass. As an antioxidant, Vitamin C helps fight cell-damaging free radicals in the body, which can lead to oxidative stress and the premature aging of cells.
Zinc plays a very critical role in maintaining several functions of the body such as neurological functions, immunity, fertility, and overall energy levels of the body.
Take this tablet as advised by the doctor to get maximum benefit.
These capsules are generally safe with little or no side effects. If you are taking any other medications or diet supplements, it is best to inform your doctor to avoid any drug interaction. Apart from taking this medicine, learn about the various food sources which can provide Vitamin C and Zinc naturally so that you can get enough of these nutrients through diet.
- Ascorbic Acid IP: 100 mg
- Sodium Ascorbate IP: 450 mg (Eq. to Ascorbic Acid: 400 mg)
- Zinc Citrate USP Eq. to Elemental Zinc: 5 mg
Key uses/benefits of HealthVit C-Vitan-Z Vitamin C 500mg& Zinc Chewable Tablet:
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Helps to fulfill the stores of Vitamin C and Zinc in the body
- Helps you to recover and maintain good physical and mental health
- Aids in restoring and maintaining the body's healthy immune system
- Helps in maintaining healthy skin due to the presence of Vitamin C
- Provides protection against infections as it helps boost immunity
- Helps to fight free radicals and inflammation due to its antioxidant properties
Direction for use:
Take one tablet daily or as directed by the physician. It is desirable to take this in the morning so that you feel energetic the entire day. This medicine is to be taken by mouth, preferably after food. Check the label for directions before taking it. Take it at a fixed time. Do not take it more often than directed.
Quick Tips for HealthVit C Vitan Z Tablet:
- Take it at the same time every day as this will help you remember when to take it. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine. For example, Vitamin C can increase the absorption of iron from food, so if you are already taking iron supplements, then consult your doctor to prevent any health complications.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem, it is wise to consult your doctor before taking this tablet.
- Remember, vitamin supplements are intended to supplement the diet of people who fail to meet the requirement through diet. It should not be a substitute for a well-balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
Side effects of HealthVit C Vitan Z Tablet:
These tablets are usually safe and do not cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation. In case you experience any side effects, then it is wise to contact your doctor promptly.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Use under medical supervision.
- Keep it away from the children.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
FAQs related to HealthVit C-Vitan-Z Tablet:
Q. What is HealthVit C-Vitan-Z used for?
HealthVit C-Vitan-Z is a nutritional supplement that consists of a combination of 500 mg of Vitamin C and 5 mg of Zinc. It is used to prevent and treat Vitamin C and Zinc deficiencies. It also boosts immunity and improves the overall health of an individual. In addition to this, it provides nutritional support in patients suffering from infections and chronic diseases.
Q. What if I forget to take a dose of HealthVit C-Vitan-Z Tablet?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next scheduled dose. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed one as this may increase the chances of developing side effects.
Q. Is HealthVit C-Vitan-Z Tablet safe?
This tablet is safe if used in the dose and duration advised by your doctor. Take it exactly as directed and let your doctor know if any of the side effects bother you.
Q. When to take HealthVit C-Vitan-Z Tablet?
Take one tablet daily or as directed by the physician. It is advised to take this in the morning so that you feel energetic the entire day. This medicine is to be taken by mouth, preferably after food.
Q. How long can HealthVit C-Vitan-Z Tablet be used?
Your doctor would be the best to guide the exact dose and duration for taking this tablet. The doctor will decide your dose after proper diagnosis and medical tests. The duration of your treatment will be based on your condition and the need for the supplement. Therefore, it is advised to continue your medication for the advised duration. Do not stop it on your own without consulting.
Q. Is HealthVit C-Vitan-Z Tablet available over the counter?
Yes, it is available as OTC (over the counter) medicine, which means it can be bought without a prescription. However, please consult your doctor regarding its use and dose.
Q. How much Vitamin C should I take daily?
The recommended dose of Vitamin C per day per person depends on the age of a person. According to the National Institute of Nutrition, the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of vitamin C for the Indian population is as follows:
Infants (age group: 0-12 months): 25 mg per day. Children (age group: 1-9 years): 40 mg per day.Older kids (age group: 10-18 years): 40 mg per day.Adults, including men and women (18 - <60 years): 40 mg per day.Pregnant women: 60 mg per day.Breastfeeding women (0-12 months): 80 mg per day.
Q. What foods contain the most Vitamin C?
The deficiency of Vitamin C can lead to impaired healing, bleeding gums, and impaired bone growth that can lead to deformities. Hence, to ensure that you meet the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of Vitamin C, it is important to include foods rich in this vitamin such as amla, parsley, drumstick leaves, guava, cashew fruit, amaranth, capsicum, and cabbage in your diet.References:
- Vitamin C. NIN. ICMR.