CoviFind Covid 19 Antigen Self Test
is an in-vitro diagnostics immunochromatographic rapid test kit, specially crafted for the qualitative detection of Sars-Cov 2 specific antigen in nasal swab specimens from symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals.
The test is authorized and intended for non-prescription home use as a self-test with self-collected nasal specimens from individuals aged 18 years or older and with adult collected nasal specimens from individuals aged 2 years or older. This test can be used as an aid in the diagnosis of SARS-Cov-2 infections.
A positive test result should be considered as a true positive. However, negative results must be combined with clinical observations, patient history, and epidemiological information. Symptomatic individuals identified negative by Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) should be linked with RT-PCR test facility and subsequently get tested by RT-PCR to rule out COVID-19 infection. In the meantime, such individual will be urged to follow home isolation and treatment as a negative report on RAT may not be true negative in some cases.
The kit contains 1x pre-filled buffer tube with cap, 1x sterile nasal swab, 1x test device, 1x disposal bag and 1x IFU. Uses:
The kit allows the detection of Sars-Cov-2 specific antigen from the comfort of home. The test kit delivers results swiftly, providing results in 15 minutes. Product Specifications and Features:
- Approved: Approved for home testing
- Accurate: AI-powered, hence provides accurate results
- Quick: Provides results in 15 minutes
Directions For Use:
- Easy: Easy to use without the involvement of any complex steps
- Wash your hands. Make sure they are dry before taking the test
- Remove the components from the box and place them on a flat surface
- Open the COVIFIND app and fill in the credentials
- Remove the test device from the pouch
- Peel the aluminium foil from the pre-filled buffer tube
- Push the buffer tube on the perforated circle
- Remove the sterile swab from the tail end. Do not touch the swab head
- Carefully insert the swab into 1 nostril 2-4cm or until resistance is met
- Slowly rotate the swab, gently rubbing it on the insides of your nasal passage at least 5 times
- Using the same swab, repeat in the other nostril
- Insert the swab in the buffer tube and swirl it 8-10 times in the fluid
- Pinch the Swab tip through the tube to remove any remaining fluid
- Hold the buffer tube firmly, lift the swab till breakpoint and snap the swab handle at the breakpoint
- Leave the swab inside the tube and discard the stick
- Secure the cap on top of the buffer tube
- Squeeze 4 drops of fluid from the tube into the sample well of the test device
- You can read the results within 15 minutes
- Strong positive results will start appearing in 5-10 minutes
- A negative result can be determined at 15 minutes
- Results post 20 minutes should not be considered valid
How to Check Result:
- Click a photo of the test device on the App. The app will analyse and display your covid-19 test result and the same shall be the final result
- Positive Result: If both the Control line "C" and the Test line "T" appear, the result is Positive
- Negative Result: If there is only Control line "C" and no Test line "T" visible, the result is Negative
Disposal of Test Kit:
- Invalid Result: If the Control line "C" is not visible, the result will be invalid, regardless of whether Test line "T" is visible
- Place the swab, tube and test device into the disposal bag
- Seal the disposal bag and dispose it in a waste bin
- Read the label carefully before use
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight
- Keep out of reach of the children
Q. Is the CoviFind test authorized for home use?
Yes, the CoviFind test is authorized for non-prescription home use with self-collected nasal swab specimens from individuals aged 18 years and older or with adult-collected nasal swab samples from individuals aged 2 years or older.Q. How do you check the result?
If both the Control line "C" and the Test line "T" appear, the result is Positive. If there is only Control line "C" and no Test line "T" visible, the result is Negative. Q. What do positive results indicate?
Positive results indicate the presence of viral antigens. Individuals who test positive with the CoviFind COVID-19 Antigen Test should self-isolate and seek follow up care with their physician or healthcare provider for further action.Q. How long does it take to get the results?
Strong positive results will start appearing in 5-10 minutes. A negative result can be determined at 15 minutes.