It is used for repairing tissues, treating sore tongue and mouth ulcers, and preventing premature hair greying. It is necessary for those on unusual diets. It can also be useful for people who are reducing diets with drastically reduced food selection and also for those with inadequate diets, such as alcoholics, the elderly, those with diabetes mellitus, those recovering from surgery, and in convalescence. It is a multivitamin formulation of vitamin B-complex (Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, and B12), Vitamin C, and calcium pantothenate.
Vitamins and minerals are important not only for normal cell growth but also for the structure and functioning of hair follicles. Vitamin B9 stimulates the rebuilding of hair follicles, prevents greying of hair and hair loss, and regulates the secretion of sebum. Hence, its deficiency can impair hair growth and lead to hair loss, dry scalp, and frizzy hair.
Vitamin C plays a key role in the prevention of oxidative stress due to free radicals, thereby preventing greying of hair and hair loss. It is also needed for the synthesis of collagen, a protein that is important for the growth and development of hair, nails, and skin. Additionally, Vitamin C aids in the absorption of iron, a mineral that helps in hair growth by ensuring the supply of nutrients to the hair follicles.
Lack of a balanced diet and insufficient supply of nutrients to the body makes it imperative for us to depend on dietary supplements. Vitamin supplements help maintain the efficiency of cells. They activate the enzymes that are essential for cellular functions and also help to create energy from the food you eat.
Becosules are generally safe with little or no side effects. If you are taking any other medications or diet supplements, it is best to inform your doctor to avoid drug interaction. Apart from taking this medicine, learn about the food sources of vitamin B-complex so that you can get enough of these vitamins through diet as well.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate): 10 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 10 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide): 100 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride): 3 mg
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin): 100 mcg
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid): 1.5 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin): 15 mcg
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate): 50 mg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid); 150 mg
Key uses of Becosules Capsule:
- Can be used for maintaining healthy nails, skin, and hair due to its role in collagen production and nutritional supplementation
- Helps in fighting free radicals in the body and lowering the risk of damage caused by these free radicals
- Acts as a nutritional supplement and helps maintain the levels of all the nutrients in the body which we may miss to include in our daily dietary intake
- Plays a key role in skincare as it helps the body produce collagen and repair tissues
- Boost the immune system and fight against various infections due to the presence of Vitamin C and B-complex vitamins
- Aids in the use of stored carbohydrates for energy production and also for the preservation of blood vessel integrity due to calcium pantothenate
Directions for use:
Take one capsule daily or as directed by the physician. This medicine is to be taken by mouth. Check the label for directions before taking it. Take it with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time. If it upsets your stomach, take it with food. Do not take it more often than directed.
Quick tips for Becosules capsule:
- Along with the capsule, have a healthy diet loaded with essential nutrients.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine.
- Read the label carefully before use, and do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tablet.
- Always use this medicine under medical supervision.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
Side-effects of Becosules Capsule:
Becosules capsules are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation.
Storage and safety information:
- Store in a cool and dry place (below 25°C).
- Protect from moisture.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Key benefits of Becosules Capsule:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) helps to produce certain neurotransmitters and carry out multiple enzyme processes. A deficiency of Vitamin B1 can lead to beriberi, nerve degeneration, and loss of appetite.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) plays a key role in the breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats to produce energy. It is also involved in antioxidant activity, as a cofactor for the enzymes and metabolism of other vitamins like Vitamin B6, Vitamin B3, and Vitamin K.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) is essential for coenzymes activation, tissue respiration, and synthesis of macromolecules.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenate) is needed for the synthesis of enzymes that form an integral part of various metabolic pathways such as carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) helps in improving metabolism, burning more calories, strengthening immunity, and supporting the function of the nervous system. Its deficiency may cause anemia and peripheral neuropathy. Since humans cannot produce Vitamin B6, it should be obtained from the diet.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) acts as a coenzyme in the synthesis of nucleic acid (DNA) and red blood cells. It is responsible for oxygen supply and also overall growth and development.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) strengthens our nervous system and is an important part of DNA synthesis and maturation. It helps in converting homocysteine to methionine which plays an essential role in protecting the heart. The deficiency of Vitamin B12 can lead to megaloblastic anemia and some neurological problems.
- Vitamin C plays a pivotal role in the development, growth, and repair of body tissues. The deficiency of this vitamin causes scurvy, which attacks bone and muscle strength along with the immune system. It helps in the absorption of iron in the body and also helps maintain bones, teeth, and cartilages.
FAQs related to Becosules Capsule:
Q. What is the Becosules capsule used for?
It is recommended for the treatment and prevention of Vitamin B-complex and Vitamin C deficiencies. As the tablet contains all B-complex vitamins, it is also known to strengthen the immune system, treat mouth ulcers and sore tongue, maintain bones and tissue health, and prevent premature greying of the hair.
It also acts as a great nutritional supplement for people with poor nutritional intake. Also, people suffering from diabetes, alcoholics, and those recovering from surgery can take these supplements.
Q. Is the Becosules capsule safe?
These capsules are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation. However, it is wise to consult your doctor if you are taking any other vitamin supplements before taking Becosules capsules to be on the safer side.
Q. Is it safe to take B-complex every day?
Yes, you can take B-complex vitamins daily. These capsules are nutritional supplements that help in maintaining the levels of all the nutrients in the body that may sometimes go missing from our daily dietary intake.
Q. When should the Becosules capsule be taken?
These capsules are advised to be taken as recommended by your doctor. These supplements are usually taken with food, preferably after meals. However, keep in mind that you should not consume vitamin/mineral supplements more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Q. Is Becosules capsule helpful in mouth ulcers?
Yes, this capsule is helpful in mouth ulcers. Mouth ulcers are small, painful lesions that develop in your mouth or at the base of your gums. Mouth ulcers may occur as a result of vitamin (Vitamin B12) or mineral (iron) deficiency. So, using these capsules can help in healing ulcers. Along with it, make some dietary modifications such as avoid eating spicy and acidic foods until the ulcer heals.
Q. Are B-complex vitamins good for you?
B-complex vitamins play a crucial role in numerous body functions such as metabolism of nutrients, red blood cell production, nervous system functioning, and skin health. The deficiency of B vitamins in the body can put you at risk of anemia, weakness (or fatigue), weight loss, frequent mouth ulcers, tingling sensation in limbs, headache, hair loss, poor immune function, dry skin, etc. Hence, you must include foods that provide you with B-complex vitamins. In case your diet fails to provide you these essential vitamins, taking this capsule can help.
Q. Which are the best vitamins for hair growth?
Vitamins and minerals are important for normal cell growth, structure, and function of hair follicles and their deficiency may contribute to hair loss. However, this can be fixed with vitamin supplements such as these capsules which contain Vitamin C and B9 which are good for hair growth.
Vitamin B9 acts as a coenzyme in the synthesis of nucleic acid and red blood cells, which is responsible for oxygen supply, and thus, hair growth. It is also known to stimulate the rebuilding of hair follicles, prevent greying of hair and hair loss, and regulate the secretion of sebum.
Vitamin C or ascorbic acid is important for the growth and development of hair, nails, and skin. It also aids in the absorption of iron, a mineral that helps in hair growth by ensuring the supply of nutrients to the hair follicles.References:
1. Almohanna HM, Ahmed AA, Tsatalis JP, Tosti A. The Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Hair Loss: A Review. Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). 2019;9(1):51-70.
2. Vitamins & Minerals. NIN. ICMR.