What is MRA Hand?
MRA Hand produces high quality images of the blood vessels of the hand. The test is used to diagnose medical conditions such as aneurysms, emboli, tumors & various other arteriovenous malformations. The scan also serves as a powerful tool assess bone viability & to visualize scaphoid bone.
Why is MRA Hand done?
- To diagnose any blockage in the blood flow of the arteries of the hand and wrist
- To detect common vascular diseases like stroke (brain damage due to Damage to blockage in the blood supply)
- To evaluate haemorrhage (leakage of the blood from the ruptured blood vessel)
- To monitor emboli (blockage of the blood flow in the artery)
- To find case of arthritis, infection and cancer/tumor of the hand and wrist