What is CECT Nasopharynx - Axial?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) scan of the nasopharynx (axial) is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the nose, air filled hollow sinuses and pharynx (mouth, throat, and esophagus)
Preparation for CECT Nasopharynx - Axial
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Why Get Tested for CECT Nasopharynx - Axial?
- To diagnose pharyngitis / sore throat (inflammation of the pharynx) and laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx)
- To detect sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses), tonsillitis (inflammation of the lymph nodes), epiglottitis (inflammation of the lid of larynx)
- To find out nasal obstruction and otitis media (earache with nasopharyngeal infection) and croup / laryngotracheobronchitis (viral infection which leads to infected airways passage)
Radocs Diagnostics & Imaging
Radocs Diagnostics & Imaging is flagship facility of its chain of medical diagnostic centres based in Karnataka, India. RADOCS stands for Radiology, Diagnostics and Clinical Specialities. It is a blend of facility promoted by a group of highly accomplished radiology and diagnostic doctors with a vision to provide word class pathology, radiology imaging and other services to its customers; and to be most reliable diagnostic facility to referral doctors. RADOCS group started its journey by providing imaging services to Super Specialty and medical College Hospitals. With the association of radiologists of high repute we have been serving our customers since 1999, through our leading centers around the state. Our doctors have a combined experience of more than 50 years and with dedication have gathered reputation and confidence among referral physicians and customers along the way by providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction with absolute excellence. Our portfolio of services are extensive and are most precisive. We have always ensured high quality, timely delivery, consistency and reliability of highest order. Our highly trained and motivated workforce strive to ensure a GENTLE HEALTH experience to our customers, making a difference in the quality of our customers lives.