Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Creatinine
It is done to evaluate the health of your kidneys. It can be done as a part of basic metabolic panel or when you have signs or symptoms suggestive of kidney disease like swelling of face, ankle, lower back pain, changes in urine output etc. It should also be done to monitor the treatment if you are already diagnosed with a kidney disease. It is also ordered if you have diseases which can affect the kidney like diabetes etc.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of routine health check up or basic metabolic panel
- As a part of kidney function test
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney disease like swelling or puffiness around the eyes, face, wrists etc, poor appetite, change in urinary frequency, bloody urine, mid back pain or high blood pressure
- If you already have a kidney disease, this test is regolarly done to assess the function of your kidneys and plan further management
- No special preparation required
What Results of Creatinine mean?
- Increased creatinine levels in blood suggest kidney disease or other disorders which may affect kidney function. These include: damage to the blood vessels in kidney (glomerulonephritis), bacterial infection of kidney (pyelonephritis), acute tubular necrosis, kidney stones or rarely congestive heart failure, dehydration etc
- Low levels of creatinine are not usually seen and is not a cause for concern
Patient Concerns about Creatinine
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does exercise affect my creatinine levels?
Moderate exercise does not usually affect the creatinine levels. As you continue exercising, more muscle mass is built which may affect the levels temporarily.
Q. Does diet affect the levels of creatinine?
Some studies suggest that eating cooked meat prior to the test may increase the levels.
Welcome to Asian Diagnostics, an organization that has been successfully delivering high quality medical Diagnostic Services in Karnataka and South India for over 15 years. Established in 1999, it is based out of Bangalore with branches in Mysore, Hassan and Vijayapura. Asian Diagnostics has continued to evolve over the years to cater to the needs of doctors and patients alike and offers an extensive range of clinical diagnostic tests making it a one-stop destination for the best in Diagnostic Services. Asian Diagnostics is proud to have successfully completed the NABL accreditation and is one of the few NABL Accredited Labs in Bangalore. Operated by a team of highly skilled and committed professionals, it has remained committed to its objective of providing high quality, accurate and reliable diagnostic services at affordable prices to its ever growing customer base. Asian diagnostics is currently THE LARGEST ALLERGY TEST CENTER IN INDIA. It is the first laboratory in the state to perform quantitative 'Food Intolerance' tests