NABL, ISO, CAP
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Thyroxine - Free
The Free Thyroxine test is performed to measure the free levels of thyroxine or T4 hormone in blood to understand thyroid functioning.
Why Get Tested
- To diagnose various disorders of the thyroid gland and identify the cause, especially hypothyroidism
- When symptoms of thyroid disease appear combined with abnormal TSH results
- To screen newborns for hypothyroidism
- To monitor treatment efficacy while being treated for thyroid disorders
- No special preparation required
What Results of Thyroxine - Free mean?
- Low T4 (thyroxine) and T3 along with high TSH level indicates hypothyroidism. The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto thyroiditis
- High T4 (thyroxine) and T3 along with low TSH indicates hyperthyroidism. The most common cause of hyperthyroidism is Grave’s disease
- Normal thyroxine (T4) and T3 along with high TSH usually indicates mild or sub clinical hypothyroidism
- Normal T3 and T4 along with low TSH indicates mild or sub clinical hyperthyroidism
Sterling Accuris Diagnostics is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company. It is the largest and most comprehensive pathology laboratory of Gujarat. At Sterling Accuris Diagnostics, we provide a wide range of pathology services that fit the needs of an individual. Moreover, we have the expert team of pathology specialists and the technologically advanced infrastructure to help meet individual needs.