Rapid Plasma Reagin
You need to provide
This test is for
What is RPR/ VDRL?
- If you have symptoms or signs of syphillis infection like chancre on genitals or throat
- If you are pregnant
- If you are being treated for another sexually transmitted disease like gonorrhea
- If you have HIV infection
- If you have one or more partners who have tested positive for syphillis
Why is RPR/ VDRL done?
- A negative blood test means that you are most likely not suffering from syphillis infection. But, it only means that there is no evidence of disease at the time of the test. Antibodies may not appear several weeks after exposure to the bacteria. Therefore, repeat testing at a later date is advised.
- A positive test means you are most likely suffering form syphillis. It shoold be followed by a specific treponemal (syphillis) antibody test like FTA-ABS. A positive resolt on the second method confirms the previous resolt and that you are infected with syphillis.
Sterling Accuris Diagnostics is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company. It is the largest and most comprehensive pathology laboratory of Gujarat. At Sterling Accuris Diagnostics, we provide a wide range of pathology services that fit the needs of an individual. Moreover, we have the expert team of pathology specialists and the technologically advanced infrastructure to help meet individual needs.