Information about Zotepine
How zotepine works
Zotepine is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
Common side effects of zotepine
Headache, Dry mouth, Sleepiness, Anxiety, Weight gain, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Agitation, Sweating, Blurred vision, Depression, Constipation, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Zotepine
- ₹56 to ₹118Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹118Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Zotepine
- You may be monitored with ECG and electrolytes prior to zoltepine therapy and while increasing the dose.
- You may also be monitored with liver function test for at least three months during zoltepine therapy.
- Inform your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: epilepsy (fits), heart problems or chest pain.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as zotepine may cause dizziness.
- Do not stop the medication abruptly as it may cause severe side effects. Always follow your doctor’s instructions regarding its use.