Zotepine is used in the treatment of schizophrenia (mental disorder in which patient interpret reality abnormally) and mania (abnormally elevated mood)
How it works
Zotepine works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects
Headache, Dry mouth, Sleepiness, Anxiety, Weight gain, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Agitation, Sweating, Blurred vision, Depression, Constipation, Increased heart rate
- ₹56 to ₹118Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹118Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- You may be monitored with ECG and electrolytes prior to zoltepine therapy and while increasing the dose.
- You may also be monitored with liver function test for at least three months during zoltepine therapy.
- Inform your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: epilepsy (fits), heart problems or chest pain.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as zotepine may cause dizziness.
- Do not stop the medication abruptly as it may cause severe side effects. Always follow your doctor’s instructions regarding its use.