Zinc pyrithione is used to reduce recurrence of dandruff by treating dry, scaly, flaky or itchy red skin.
How it works
Zinc pyrithione belongs to a class of medications called as antiseborreics. It works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and/or fungi. It also works on scalp to slow down the production of skin cells and thus helps in reducing flakiness.
Common side effects
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Apply zinc pyrithione directly on wet hair to produce lather and rinse after massaging the scalp.
- Avoid direct contact with eyes and rinse with plenty of water in case of the accidental contact.
- Inform your doctor if the problem persists even after using as prescribed.
- Consult your doctor before using zinc pyrithione in children <2 years.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to zinc pyrithione or any of its ingredients.