Zileuton is used to prevent asthma
How it works
Zileuton works by blocking the formation of leukotriene. Zileuton lowers inflammation in the airways and nasal passages to prevent asthma and relieve symptoms of allergies.
Common side effects
Nausea, Pharyngolaryngeal pain, Sinus inflammation
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- You should take the extended-release tablet within one hour after the morning and evening meals.
- Do not use Zileuton to treat a sudden asthma attack. Always carry a short-acting inhaler prescribed by your doctor to treat sudden asthma attack.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Zileuton may cause drowsiness/dizziness.Do not drive or operate machinery until you feel fine.
- Zileuton may change your mental health in unexpected ways. Tell your doctor if you experience any mental or mood changes, including sleep problems and behavior changes. Your doctor will decide if you should continue taking Zileuton.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Zileuton treatment, as it may worsen the side effects.