Xylometazoline + Sorbitol
Information about Xylometazoline + Sorbitol
Xylometazoline + Sorbitol Uses
Xylometazoline+Sorbitol is used in the treatment of nasal congestion.
How Xylometazoline + Sorbitol works
Xylometazoline + Sorbitol is a combination of two medicines: Xylometazoline and Sorbitol. Xylometazoline is a nasal decongestant which narrows the small blood vessels, providing temporary relief from congestion or stuffiness in the nose. Sorbitol is a moisturizing ingredient which reduces the symptoms of dryness and irritation in the nose, providing a soothing effect.
Common side effects of Xylometazoline + Sorbitol
Nasal discomfort, Nasal irritation, Sneezing, Dry nose
Expert advice for Xylometazoline + Sorbitol
- Xylometazoline + Sorbitol works right away and each dose provides relief for up to 12 hours.
- The right way to use the nasal spray:
- Shake the bottle before using the medicine.
- Clean your nose thoroughly before using the medicine.
- Insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril.
- Direct the spray towards the sides of your nostril, away from the cartilage dividing the two sides of your nose.
- Breathe out gently through your mouth and repeat the same process for the other nostril.
- Avoid deep breathing as it will cause the medication to go back to the throat and make it less effective.
- Do not share the bottle with anyone else so that you do not spread germs.