Voglibose + Metformin + Gliclazide
Information about Voglibose + Metformin + Gliclazide
Voglibose + metformin + gliclazide uses
Voglibose+Metformin+Gliclazide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How voglibose + metformin + gliclazide works
This is a combination of three antidiabetic medicines: Voglibose, metformin and gliclazide.They work by different mechanisms to provide better control of blood sugar when single or dual therapy is not effective. Voglibose is an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor which prevents breakdown of complex sugars into simple sugars such as glucose. This prevents blood glucose from rising very high after meals. Metformin is a biguanide which lowers glucose production in the liver, delays glucose absorption from intestines and increases the body's sensitivity to insulin. Gliclazide is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas to lower the blood glucose.
Common side effects of voglibose + metformin + gliclazide
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Nausea, Taste change, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Flatulence, Headache, Skin rash, Respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Voglibose + Metformin + Gliclazide
- ₹93 to ₹201Eris Lifesciences Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹127Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹140 to ₹143Medley Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹120Precia Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹354 to ₹390Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹1404Care Lifescience Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100Vitabolik Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹149 to ₹189Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹120El-Dorado Bio-Tech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹128Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Voglibose + Metformin + Gliclazide
- Take it with food to lower your chance of having an upset stomach.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).