Information about Vinpocetine
Vinpocetine is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, stroke, dementia in Parkinson's disease, age related memory loss and head injury.
How vinpocetine works
Vinpocetine is a semisynthetic derivative of the vinca alkaloids. It increases blood flow to the brain and heart and protects it from injury..
Common side effects of vinpocetine
Dizziness, Dry mouth, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Nausea, Stomach pain
Available Medicine for Vinpocetine
- ₹82Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹110Aurum Life Science Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹60Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹260Vivid Biotek Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Vinpocetine
- Do not use vinpocetine if you have blood clotting disorder because it might increase the risk of bleeding.
- Take precautions as vinpocetine may reduce body’s ability to fight infections. Inform your doctor if you have a weakened immune system due to conditions such as HIV/AIDS or cancer treatment.
- Discontinue the use of vinpocetine at least 2 weeks before you are scheduled for surgery.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as Vinpocetine may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol with vinpocetine as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions for Vinpocetine
Q. Does Vinpocetine help tinnitus/ lower blood pressure/ cause depression/ raise blood pressure/ thin the blood/ make you sleepy/ help with anxiety?
Vinpocetine is used for treating tinnitus. However, it is known to cause raise/ lowering of blood pressure, depression, thinning of blood, sleepiness and it does not help with anxiety.