Information about Valdecoxib
Valdecoxib is used for pain relief. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and osteoarthritis.
How Valdecoxib works
Valdecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called COX-2 inhibitors. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Valdecoxib
Flu-like symptoms, Indigestion, Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Peripheral edema, Flatulence
Available Medicine for Valdecoxib
MarvelGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ValoxibIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹29 to ₹372 variant(s)
ValoflamSigma Laboratories Ltd
ValticWisdom Pharma Pvt. Ltd
₹15 to ₹402 variant(s)
EldorinKentreck Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹19 to ₹352 variant(s)
ViviSanjeevani Bio-Tech Pvt Ltd
Valus InstaGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ArtivalGeno Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹19 to ₹292 variant(s)
Expert advice for Valdecoxib
- Valdecoxib helps relieve pain and inflammation.
- It may cause fewer stomach problems as compared to other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- It may cause dizziness and fatigue. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Regularly monitor your blood pressure while taking this medicine, particularly in the first two weeks after starting treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach ulcers, heart diseases, high blood pressure, and liver or kidney disease.
- During long-term treatment, your doctor may want to take regular blood tests to monitor your liver function.
- Do not take Valdecoxib if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.