Information about Valdecoxib
Valdecoxib is used in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, arthralgia, muscle pain, pain during menstruation and post operative pain.
How valdecoxib works
Valdecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called COX-2 inhibitors. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of valdecoxib
Abdominal pain, Palpitations, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Heartburn, Gastritis, Dizziness, Flatulence, Edema, Increased blood pressure, Dyspepsia, Constipation, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Valdecoxib
- ₹9Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹35Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹51Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹36Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹25Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹56Alkem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹29Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51Gufic Bioscience Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹53Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Valdecoxib
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Valdecoxib may cause fewer stomach problems as compared with other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- It can also affect kidneys or cause permanent kidney damage if taken for a long time.
- Valdecoxib can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Valdecoxib
Q. What is Valdecoxib tablet and what are they used for?
Valdecoxib tablets are pain killer tablets used in treating the pain and inflammation caused by arthritis and for painful menstruation
Q. Why is Valdecoxib banned?
Valdecoxib was banned due to safety concerns of an increased risk of cardiovascular events and serious and potentially life-threatening skin reactions.