Information about Trioxasalen
How trioxasalen works
Trioxasalen is used along with ultraviolet-A irradiation where it works by decreasing the number of cells the skin makes.
Common side effects of trioxasalen
Redness of skin, Blisters on skin, Edema, Itching
Available Medicine for Trioxasalen
- ₹27 to ₹113Palsons Derma2 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹90DWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹95Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹102Resilient Cosmecueticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹100Tetramed Biotek Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹95Anhox Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹87Kivi Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹114Mac Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹61Serve Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹66Ampra Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Trioxasalen
- Trioxsalen is a very strong medicine that increases your skin sensitivity to sunlight. Do not use it for sun tanning or to increase tolerance to sunlight; if doing so, do not use trioxsalen for more than 14 days.
- Take this treatment (trioxsalen and UVA) two or three times a week with the treatment spaced at least forty-eight hours apart.
- Take this medication by mouth with food or milk, usually 2 to 4 hours before your UVA light treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for 24 hours before taking trioxsalen. Wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin or use a sunblock (SP 15 or higher) for the twenty-four (24) hour period following treatment with trioxsalen.
- Use extra caution for at least 48 hours following each treatment. After each treatment, cover your skin for at least 8 hours by wearing protective clothing.
- Do not increase the amount of trioxsalen if you are taking or spend extra time in the sunlight or under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as trioxsalen may cause dizziness.
- You will need to have an eye examination before starting trioxsalen and also once a year thereafter.
- Be careful before applying anything to your skin to treat dryness and itchiness caused by trioxsalen.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.