Information about Trioxasalen
How Trioxasalen works
Trioxasalen is a photosensitive medication used with UV-A rays. It works by activating certain skin cells (melanocytes) and helps repigment the discolored, white patches in vitiligo.
Common side effects of Trioxasalen
Erythema (skin redness), Blisters on skin, Edema (swelling), Itching
Available Medicine for Trioxasalen
₹33 to ₹1482 variant(s)
DsorolenDWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹27 to ₹1084 variant(s)
TroidResilient Cosmecueticals Pvt Ltd
₹52 to ₹1353 variant(s)
SoralenMed Manor Organics Pvt Ltd
₹25 to ₹1132 variant(s)
NeosoralenMac Laboratories Ltd
₹27 to ₹1145 variant(s)
SensitexKivi Labs Ltd
₹24 to ₹862 variant(s)
Q ONTetramed Biotek Pvt Ltd
₹53 to ₹1003 variant(s)
NtraxAnhox Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹23 to ₹952 variant(s)
NeosalDial Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹22 to ₹702 variant(s)
Neosorlen XXVBrinton Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Trioxasalen
- Trioxsalen is a very strong medicine that increases your skin sensitivity to sunlight. Do not use it for sun tanning or to increase tolerance to sunlight; if doing so, do not use trioxsalen for more than 14 days.
- Take this treatment (trioxsalen and UVA) two or three times a week with the treatment spaced at least forty-eight hours apart.
- Take this medication by mouth with food or milk, usually 2 to 4 hours before your UVA light treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for 24 hours before taking trioxsalen. Wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin or use a sunblock (SP 15 or higher) for the twenty-four (24) hour period following treatment with trioxsalen.
- Use extra caution for at least 48 hours following each treatment. After each treatment, cover your skin for at least 8 hours by wearing protective clothing.
- Do not increase the amount of trioxsalen if you are taking or spend extra time in the sunlight or under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as trioxsalen may cause dizziness.
- You will need to have an eye examination before starting trioxsalen and also once a year thereafter.
- Be careful before applying anything to your skin to treat dryness and itchiness caused by trioxsalen.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.