Trimipramine is used in the treatment of depression
How it works
Trimipramine increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects
Sleepiness, Increased heart rate, Weight gain, Blurred vision, Dry mouth, Constipation, Difficulty in urination, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- ₹9Crescent Therapeutics Ltd1 variant(s)
- It can take 4 to 6 weeks for Trimipramine to start working.
- You should continue the treatment for at least 6 months after you feel better to stop depression from coming back.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Trimipramine, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Trimipramine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Trimipramine is very less.
- It may be extremely dangerous in overdose.
Frequently asked questions
Q. How does trimipramine work?
Trimipramine works by increasing the amount of certain natural substances in the brain that are needed to maintain mental balance and elevate mood.