Information about Trimebutine
Trimebutine is used in the treatment of pain due to smooth muscle spasm.
How trimebutine works
Trimebutine belongs to a group of medicines known as spasmolytics. It works by slowing down or normalizing the abnormal movements of the bowel..
Common side effects of trimebutine
Palpitations, Increased heart rate, Arrhythmia, Excessive thirst, Reduce bronchial secretion, Dryness in mouth, Photophobia, Dry skin, Loss of accommodation, Slow heart rate, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Dilatation of pupil, Difficulty in urination, Constipation
Available Medicine for Trimebutine
- ₹24Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Trimebutine
- Do not drive or use machinery while using trimebutine as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not take alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of trimebutine.
- Avoid concomitant use of trimebutine with other medicine such as tubocurarine.
- Trimebutine is not recommended in children or adolescents under 12 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Trimebutine
Q. Does Trimebutine work?
Trimebutine works if taken as recommended for dosage and duration
Q. How long does Trimebutine take to work?
Trimebutine may take a few days to week to work; There are reports that its effects are observed in around 3 days to 2 weeks.