Information about Tretinoin Topical
Tretinoin topical uses
Tretinoin Topical is used in the treatment of acne.
How tretinoin topical works
Tretinoin topical works by slowing the production of certain natural substances that can cause acne.
Common side effects of tretinoin topical
Available Medicine for Tretinoin Topical
- ₹160 to ₹169Janssen Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹137 to ₹142Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP2 variant(s)
- ₹322 to ₹382Johnson & Johnson Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹181Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹389Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹186 to ₹215Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹132 to ₹140Brinton Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60Dabur India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹105Abbott India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹36Talent India2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tretinoin Topical
- Inform your doctor before using tretinoin topical if you are using cosmetics or astringents that exfoliate or dry your skin or if they contain alcohol, lime or spices.
- Avoid direct contact of cream/gel with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Exercise caution in children less than 12 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast feeding
- It should not take if patient is allergic to tretinoin or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to patients having eczema (red, scaly, inflammed and dry skin) or if you have damaged skin or sun burns
- It sholud not given to patients taking medicines that remove the top layers of the skin.
Frequently asked questions for Tretinoin Topical
Q. Is tretinoin topical a steroid/ retin a/ retin a/ a retinoid/retinol?
Tretinoin topical is not a steroid. It is a form of vitamin A (Retin-A) and belongs to a group of medications called as ‘retinoids'. Tretinoin and retinol are similar but tretinoin tends to be a bit more aggressive than retinol which is a bit more suitable for those with sensitive skin
Q. Is tretinoin cream safe?
Tretinoin is safe if taken at recommended doses and duration. The gel form should be used with extreme caution in children younger than 12 years
Q. Does tretinoin cream work/ is tretinoin cream good for acne/acne scars/lighten skin/thin the skin/work on wrinkles/fade dark spots/clog pores/cause breakouts?
Tretinoin cream works effectively in most of the patients. It is useful for treating most of the skin related issue like acne, acne scars, skin lightening, removing wrinkles, fade dark spots, clog pores, etc. It does not cause breakouts but helps the skin in healing it
Q. Is tretinoin available over the counter?
It is available only as per doctor's prescription.