Information about Tretinoin Topical
Tretinoin topical uses
Tretinoin Topical is used in the treatment of acne.
How tretinoin topical works
Tretinoin Topical works by slowing the production of certain natural substances that can cause acne.
Common side effects of tretinoin topical
Available Medicine for Tretinoin Topical
- ₹160 to ₹169Janssen Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹142 to ₹145Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP2 variant(s)
- ₹352 to ₹415Johnson & Johnson Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹199Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹200Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹132 to ₹154Brinton Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹165KLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹105 to ₹113Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹190Talent India4 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹80Panzer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tretinoin Topical
- Apply a thin layer of Tretinoin Topical once daily, before bedtime, to the affected area of skin.
- You may experience mild skin irritation on applying Tretinoin Topical.
- Exposure to sunlight may cause skin irritation. Hence, avoid this type of exposure while using Tretinoin Topical.
- The color and texture of your skin may change on long-term use.
- Not advisable for women who are or plan to become pregnant.
- Certain other skin medications such as benzoyl peroxide may inactivate Tretinoin Topical and therefore should not be used simultaneously.
Frequently asked questions for Tretinoin Topical
Q. Is tretinoin topical a steroid/ retin a/ retin a/ a retinoid/retinol?
Tretinoin topical is not a steroid. It is a form of vitamin A (Retin-A) and belongs to a group of medications called as ‘retinoids'. Tretinoin and retinol are similar but tretinoin tends to be a bit more aggressive than retinol which is a bit more suitable for those with sensitive skin
Q. Is tretinoin cream safe?
Tretinoin is safe if taken at recommended doses and duration. The gel form should be used with extreme caution in children younger than 12 years
Q. Does tretinoin cream work/ is tretinoin cream good for acne/acne scars/lighten skin/thin the skin/work on wrinkles/fade dark spots/clog pores/cause breakouts?
Tretinoin cream works effectively in most of the patients. It is useful for treating most of the skin related issue like acne, acne scars, skin lightening, removing wrinkles, fade dark spots, clog pores, etc. It does not cause breakouts but helps the skin in healing it
Q. Is tretinoin available over the counter?
It is available only as per doctor's prescription.