Information about Trastuzumab
How trastuzumab works
Trastuzumab is a monoclonal antibody specifically designed to target HER2 receptors on breast cancer cells. It flags the cancer cells for destruction by the body's immune system.
Common side effects of trastuzumab
Nausea, Headache, Rash, Reduced blood platelets, Congestive cardiac failure, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Infection, Upper respiratory tract infection, Nasopharyngitis, Fatigue, Fever, Anemia, Chills, Diarrhoea, Cough, Weight loss, Altered taste, Mucosal inflammation, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth).
Available Medicine for Trastuzumab
- ₹20263 to ₹64999Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹58602Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19500 to ₹57500Biocon2 variant(s)
- ₹17687 to ₹57500Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹58602Roche Products India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹22000 to ₹58602Reliance Life Sciences2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Trastuzumab
- Take extreme care while taking trastuzumab as it can cause heart failure, especially if you have heart disease or if you are also receiving certain other cancer medicines.
- You may need to undergo biopsy test during trastuzumab treatment to check the effect of trastuzumab.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as trastuzumab may cause fever or chills.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Trastuzumab
Q. Is trastuzumab a hazardous drug?
Yes, Trastuzumab is a hazardous drug and is supposed to be administered under medical supervision only.
Q. Is trastuzumab cytotoxic?
Yes, Trastuzumab is cytotoxic