Information about Trastuzumab
Trastuzumab is used in the treatment of breast cancer.
How trastuzumab works
Trastuzumab is a monoclonal antibody specifically designed to target HER2 receptors on breast cancer cells. It flags the cancer cells for destruction by the body's immune system.
Common side effects of trastuzumab
Nausea, Headache, Rash, Reduced blood platelets, Congestive cardiac failure, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Infection, Upper respiratory tract infection, Nasopharyngitis, Fatigue, Fever, Anemia, Chills, Diarrhoea, Cough, Weight loss, Altered taste, Mucosal inflammation, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
Available Medicine for Trastuzumab
- ₹22447 to ₹58634Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹75000Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹21430 to ₹59982Biocon2 variant(s)
- ₹19500 to ₹57500Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹61132Roche Products India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹110700Roche Products India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹24200 to ₹61133Reliance Life Sciences2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Trastuzumab
- Take extreme care while taking trastuzumab as it can cause heart failure, especially if you have heart disease or if you are also receiving certain other cancer medicines.
- You may need to undergo biopsy test during trastuzumab treatment to check the effect of trastuzumab.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as trastuzumab may cause fever or chills.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Trastuzumab
Q. Is Trastuzumab a hazardous drug?
Yes, Trastuzumab is a hazardous drug and is supposed to be administered under medical supervision only.
Q. Is Trastuzumab cytotoxic?
Yes, Trastuzumab is cytotoxic