Tranexamic Acid + Mefenamic Acid
Information about Tranexamic Acid + Mefenamic Acid
Tranexamic Acid + Mefenamic Acid Uses
Tranexamic Acid+Mefenamic Acid is used in the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding and menstrual pain.
How Tranexamic Acid + Mefenamic Acid works
Tranexamic Acid + Mefenamic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Tranexamic Acid and Mefenamic Acid. Tranexamic Acid is an anti-fibrinolytic. It works by preventing the breakdown of blood clots to control excessive bleeding during periods. Mefenamic Acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Tranexamic Acid + Mefenamic Acid
Nausea, Vomiting, Heartburn, Indigestion, Diarrhea, Loss of appetite, Nasal congestion (stuffy nose), Headache, Tiredness, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Stomach pain, Sinus pain, Sinus inflammation
Available Medicine for Tranexamic Acid + Mefenamic Acid
Pause-MFEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Trapic MFSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Trenaxa MFMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Texakind-MFMankind Pharma Ltd
Tranostat-MFOzone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹181 to ₹3022 variant(s)
Xamic MFTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ChromostatLife Sciences Inc
Clostop SrxAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Sofia TMIndchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd
Meftal TXBlue Cross Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Tranexamic Acid + Mefenamic Acid
- Tranexamic Acid + Mefenamic Acid helps relieve menstrual pain and abnormally heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Your doctor will prescribe the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible time necessary to relieve your symptoms.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Take it on the first day of a heavy period. Taking it before or after will not have any benefit.
- Inform your doctor if there is no improvement in your bleeding after using this medicine for three consecutive menstrual periods.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of kidney or liver disease.