Information about Trabectedin
Trabectedin is used in the treatment of soft tissue sarcoma.
How trabectedin works
Trabectedin belongs to class of drugs called alkylating agents. It works by sticking to the DNA in cells and damaging it. This stops the cancer cells growing and multiplying..
Common side effects of trabectedin
Headache, Fatigue, Vomiting, Weakness, Nausea, Increased liver enzymes, Reduced blood platelets, Increased creatine phosphokinase level in blood, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Decreased appetite, Constipation.
Available Medicine for Trabectedin
- ₹121486Janssen Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹28600Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Trabectedin
• Seek immediate medical attention if you develop a fever, muscle pain or weakness, as trabectedin may cause side effects affecting your blood, liver or muscles.
• Use effective contraception while on trabectedin therapy.
• Do not consume alcohol while taking trabectedin as it may worsen the side effects.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to trabectedin or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to children below 18 years.
• Should not be given to pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Frequently asked questions for Trabectedin
Q. Is trabectedin FDA approved?
Yes, trabectedin is FDA approved.