Information about Tocilizumab
Tocilizumab is used in the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
How tocilizumab works
Tocilizumab blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, swelling and redness associated with certain joint diseases.
Common side effects of tocilizumab
Headache, Increased blood pressure, Upper respiratory tract infection, Increased liver enzymes, Nasopharyngitis
Available Medicine for Tocilizumab
- ₹8112 to ₹48268Roche Products India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tocilizumab
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop allergic reactions such as chest tightness, wheezing, severe dizziness or light-headedness, swelling of the lips, tongue, face or skin itching, hives or rash during or after the injection.
- Take necessary precautions as tocilizumab can increase the chance of getting a new infection or reduce your body’s ability to respond to infections.
- Inform your doctor if you have any kind of infection, tuberculosis, intestinal ulcers, liver or kidney disease, persistent headache.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as tocilizumab may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Tocilizumab
Q. Is Tocilizumab a chemo drug/ cytotoxic?
No. Tocilizumab is not a chemo or cytotoxic drug
Q. Does Tocilizumab cause hair loss/ weight gain?
Tocilizumab does not cause hair loss but it known to increase the weight.