How it works
Common side effects
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop allergic reactions such as chest tightness, wheezing, severe dizziness or light-headedness, swelling of the lips, tongue, face or skin itching, hives or rash during or after the injection.
- Take necessary precautions as tocilizumab can increase the chance of getting a new infection or reduce your body’s ability to respond to infections.
- Inform your doctor if you have any kind of infection, tuberculosis, intestinal ulcers, liver or kidney disease, persistent headache.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as tocilizumab may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is tocilizumab a chemo drug/ cytotoxic?
No. Tocilizumab is not a chemo or cytotoxic drug
Q. Does tocilizumab cause hair loss/ weight gain?
Tocilizumab does not cause hair loss but it known to increase the weight.