Information about Tetanus Toxoid
Tetanus toxoid uses
Tetanus Toxoid is used to prevent tetanus.
How tetanus toxoid works
Tetanus Toxoid is a vaccine.It helps develop immunity by initiating a mild infection. This type of infection does not cause illness, but it does stimulate the body's immune system to produce antibodies to protect against any future infections.
Common side effects of tetanus toxoid
Nausea, Pain in extremity, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Joint pain, Body ache, Convulsion, Facial swelling, Fever, Injection site tenderness, Injection site pain, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Tetanus Toxoid
- ₹28 to ₹109Biological E Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1086 to ₹3289Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹116Serum Institute Of India Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹412Serum Institute Of India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8Indian Immunologicals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11Serum Institute Of India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11Biological E Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹299Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹175Bharat Biotech1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tetanus Toxoid
- Do not take tetanus toxoid if you are allergic to it or any of the other ingredient of this injection.
- Consult your doctor before taking tetanus toxoid if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or planning for a pregnancy; or undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: seizures (fits); fever, infection, bleeding disorder, low platelet levels or weak immune system due to HIV infection or AIDS.
- Take special precautions while using tetanus toxoid if you had severe pain and swelling or bleeding at previous vaccination site.
Frequently asked questions for Tetanus Toxoid
Q. What does Tetanus Toxoid do?
Tetanus Toxoid is the vaccine given for prevention of tetanus
Q. How does it work?
Tetanus symptoms involve tightening of muscles of the body and causing a locked jaw, thus making it impossible to breathe, open the mouth to eat or swallow. It works by helping the body produce substances that resist infection from bacteria causing tetanus
Q. Is tetanus toxoid a live vaccine/attenuated?
Tetanus toxoid is an inactivated toxin. It is neither a live vaccine/attenuated
Q. Does it cause passive immunity?
Tetanus toxin imparts passive immunity to the patient
Q. Is Tetanus Toxoid an antibiotic or protein?
Tetanus Toxoid is not an antibiotic. It is an inactive protein
Q. Does Tetanus Toxoid need a skin test?
Tetanus Toxoid may not require a skin test.kindly consult your doctor for the sam
Q. Does it have to be refrigerated?
It has to be refrigerated between 2-8 degrees centigrade
Q. Does it contain horse serum?
Tetanus toxoid does not contain horse serum.