Information about Terbinafine + Clobetasol
Terbinafine + Clobetasol Uses
Terbinafine+Clobetasol is used in the treatment of skin infections.
How Terbinafine + Clobetasol works
Terbinafine + Clobetasol is a combination of two medicines: Terbinafine and Clobetasol which treat skin infections. Terbinafine is an antifungal which stops the growth of fungi on the skin by preventing them from forming their own protective covering. Clobetasol is a steroid which blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy.
Common side effects of Terbinafine + Clobetasol
Skin peeling, Thinning of skin, Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Expert advice for Terbinafine + Clobetasol
- You have been prescribed Terbinafine + Clobetasol for the treatment of fungal skin infections.
- It is for use on skin only. Do not use it in your eyes, mouth, or vagina. Rinse with cold water if you accidentally get it in these areas.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become more irritated and infected, you should stop using Terbinafine + Clobetasol and consult your doctor.
- Do not use this medicine more often or for longer than advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if the treated skin area does not improve after 2 weeks of treatment.