Telmisartan + Metoprolol Succinate
Information about Telmisartan + Metoprolol Succinate
Telmisartan + metoprolol succinate uses
Telmisartan+Metoprolol Succinate is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How telmisartan + metoprolol succinate works
This is a combination of two blood-pressure lowering medicines: Telmisartan and Metoprolol Succinate. Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the chemical angiotensin, thereby relaxing blood vessels. Metoprolol Succinate is a beta blocker which works specifically on the heart to reduce heart rate and lower blood pressure. Together they allow the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently.
Common side effects of telmisartan + metoprolol succinate
Headache, Weakness, Dizziness, Cold extremities, Slow heart rate, Increased potassium level in blood, Numbness of extremity, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Telmisartan + Metoprolol Succinate
- ₹155 to ₹188Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹131 to ₹144USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹142 to ₹186Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹154 to ₹189Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹107Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹81 to ₹99Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹105 to ₹145Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹98 to ₹108Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹181 to ₹197Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹129 to ₹158Medley Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Telmisartan + Metoprolol Succinate
- You have been prescribed Telmisartan + Metoprolol Succinate for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Lowering blood pressure reduces chance of future heart attack & strokes.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it can cause sudden increase in your blood pressure.
Frequently asked questions for Telmisartan + Metoprolol Succinate
Telmisartan + Metoprolol Succinate
Q. Can I feel dizzy after taking Telmisartan+Metoprolol Succinate?
Yes, the use of Telmisartan+Metoprolol Succinate Succinate can make you feel dizzy. This may occur when you suddenly rise up from lying or sitting position. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
Q. What lifestyle changes should be made while using Telmisartan+Metoprolol Succinate?
Making lifestyle changes can boost your health while taking Telmisartan+Metoprolol Succinate Succinate. Stop smoking, as smoking increases your risk of having heart attack and stroke. If you are overweight or obese, try to lose weight. You should maintain a healthy diet by including fruits and vegetables in your meals. Regular exercise can make your heart strong and reduce your risk of heart attack.
Q. Can I stop taking Telmisartan+Metoprolol Succinate when I feel better?
No, keep using Telmisartan+Metoprolol Succinate as advised by your doctor, even if you feel well. Stopping Telmisartan+Metoprolol Succinate suddenly may lead to serious complications such as heart attack and stroke.
Q. Are there any special instructions regarding storage and disposal of this medicine?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.