Telmisartan + Indapamide
Information about Telmisartan + Indapamide
Telmisartan + indapamide uses
Telmisartan+Indapamide is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How telmisartan + indapamide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Telmisartan and indapamide which lower blood pressure effectively. Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Indapamide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of telmisartan + indapamide
Nausea, Stomach pain, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Headache, Infection, Back pain, Dizziness, Rhinitis, Weakness, Chest pain, Dyspepsia, Peripheral edema, Nervousness, Hypertonia, Cough, Pharyngitis, Sinus inflammation, Conjunctivitis
Available Medicine for Telmisartan + Indapamide
- ₹138Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹109Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹101Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Telmisartan + Indapamide
- You have been prescribed Telmisartan + Indapamide for the treatment of high blood pressure. It decreases the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Telmisartan + Indapamide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Telmisartan + Indapamide is not safe to use if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.