Telmisartan + Chlorthalidone
Information about Telmisartan + Chlorthalidone
Telmisartan + chlorthalidone uses
Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How telmisartan + chlorthalidone works
This is a combination of two medicines: Telmisartan and chlorthalidone, which lowers blood pressure effectively. Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Chlorthalidone is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of telmisartan + chlorthalidone
Dizziness, Back pain, Sinus infection, Diarrhea, Skin ulcer
Available Medicine for Telmisartan + Chlorthalidone
- ₹87 to ₹194Ipca Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹199 to ₹343Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹180USV Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹355Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹96Abbott5 variant(s)
- ₹117 to ₹186Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹62 to ₹104Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹72Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹83 to ₹114Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹104 to ₹215Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Telmisartan + Chlorthalidone
- You have been prescribed Telmisartan + Chlorthalidone for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Telmisartan + Chlorthalidone may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Use of Telmisartan + Chlorthalidone during pregnancy or breastfeeding is unsafe.
- It may also decrease the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
Frequently asked questions for Telmisartan + Chlorthalidone
Telmisartan + Chlorthalidone
Q. Can I feel dizzy after taking Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone?
Yes, the use of Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone can make you feel dizzy. This may occur when you suddenly rise up from lying or sitting position. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
Q. What lifestyle changes should I make while using Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone?
Making lifestyle changes can boost your health while taking Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone. Stop smoking, as smoking lowers your risk of having heart attack and stroke. If you are overweight or obese, try to lose weight. You should maintain a healthy diet by including fruits and vegetables in your meals. Regular exercise can make your heart strong and reduce your risk of heart attack.
Q. Can I stop taking Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone if I feel well?
No, keep using Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone as advised by your doctor, even if you feel well. Stopping Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone suddenly may lead to serious complications such as heart attack and stroke.
Q. Can I use Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone in pregnancy?
No, Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone should be avoided in pregnancy. Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone can cause injury and death to the baby. If you conceive while taking Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone, stop taking the medicine and contact your doctor immediately. The doctor might suggest other ways to lower blood pressure.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Telmisartan+Chlorthalidone?
Keep this medicine in the packet or the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.