Information about Tegaserod
How tegaserod works
Tegaserod indirectly stimulates the release of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger that can increase the motility of the intestine.
Common side effects of tegaserod
Headache, Nausea, Diarrhoea.
Available Medicine for Tegaserod
- ₹28 to ₹61Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹55Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹54Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tegaserod
• Take tegaserod on an empty stomach, shortly before your meal.
• Discontinue tegaserod immediately if you experience symptoms of ischemic colitis such as rectal bleeding, bloody diarrhea, or new/worsened abdominal pain.
• Seek immediate medical attention if you experience severe diarrhea, lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting, bloody stools, or new or increased stomach pain.
• Exercise caution if you are an elderly patient.
• Do not drive vehicles or operate heavy machineries as tegaserod may cause dizziness.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to tegaserod or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients with history of bowel obstruction (blockage of small or large intestine), symptomatic gallbladder disease, sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (functional disorders leading to abdominal pain due to dysfunction of the Sphincter muscle) or abdominal adhesions (bands of fibrous scar tissue that form on organs in the abdomen.
Frequently asked questions for Tegaserod
Q. Is tegaserod available?
Tegaserod is banned in India.