Sulphacetamide / Sulfacetamide
Information about Sulphacetamide / Sulfacetamide
Sulphacetamide / sulfacetamide uses
Sulphacetamide / Sulfacetamide is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How sulphacetamide / sulfacetamide works
Sulphacetamide / sulfacetamide is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Common side effects of sulphacetamide / sulfacetamide
Nausea, Vomiting, Skin rash, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Sulphacetamide / Sulfacetamide
- ₹53Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Nri Vision Care Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹22Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sulphacetamide / Sulfacetamide
- Do not use if the sulphacetamide solution changes color.
- Seek immediate medical attention is you experience signs of a secondary infection, as long-term or repeated use of sulfacetamide drops may trigger the same.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any allergic symptoms such as rash, red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin.
- Avoid direct contact with the applicator tip to prevent any contamination. Keep the container tightly closed.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking sulphacetamide as it may blurred the vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to sulphacetamide or any of its ingredients.
- Do not given Infants less than 2 months.