Sulfiram Topical is used in the treatment of scabies (itchy skin condition).
How it works
Sulfiram belongs to the class of medications called as antiscabies agents. It acts by killing the mites causing scabies thereby preventing the infection.
Common side effects
Skin rash, Skin redness
- Take a warm bath and apply the medicated soap all over the body especially in folded areas of the skin. Blot dry with a towel.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any allergic reactions.
- Preferably use at night before going to bed.
- Do not let sulfiram soap come in contact with your mouth or eyes.
- Wash your clothing and bed sheets after each application to kill all the mites.
- Application of sulfiram should continue till the infection terminates.
- Follow up with your doctor after 1 week of treatment.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with sulfiram, as it may cause serious adverse effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to sulfiram or other sulfur containing medications or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have had heart attack, or mental disorders (e.g episodes in which they see, hear or feel things that are not really present [hallucinations], or false ideas or beliefs despite evidence suggesting otherwise [delusions ], serious allergic reactions).