Information about Streptokinase
How streptokinase works
Streptokinase works by dissolving the harmful blood clots in the blood vessels. This allows reperfusion of affected tissue, preventing tissue death and improving outcomes.
Common side effects of streptokinase
Allergic reaction, Nausea, Vomiting, Decrease in blood pressure, Injection site bleeding
Available Medicine for Streptokinase
- ₹2357Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹2135Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2270Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1547Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1257 to ₹2050Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2136Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹3679Health Biotech Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹2178 to ₹3899Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2945Win-Medicare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3400Biological E Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Streptokinase
• Inform your doctor if you have a history of tuberculosis, bronchitis (inflammation of the airway passages in the lungs) or other severe lung disease, any heart or circulation problems, or infection caused by streptococcal bacteria or rheumatic fever (bacterial disease in which there is fever and inflammation of the heart, blood vessels and joints) or throat infection.• Patients who are allergic to streptokinase or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients with history of any recent internal bleeding, unusual susceptibility to bleeding, history of blood vessels disorders (e.g. weakness in an artery, excessive localized swelling of arteries) or uncontrolled high blood pressure or have any clotting disorders or are taking any drugs to prevent blood clotting.
• Should not be given to patients who have undergone a recent surgery especially of the head or spine, or recently had a stroke, serious head injury, brain tumor, tumor which increases risk of bleeding.
• Should not be given to patients with severe liver or kidney damage or inflammation of the pancreas (acute pancreatitis) or inflammation of inner and outer layers of the heart (endocarditis or pericarditis) or peptic ulceration (sores in the lining of the stomach) or heavy vaginal bleeding.
• Should not be given to pregnant women and children.
Frequently asked questions for Streptokinase
Q. Does Streptokinase restore perfusion of myocardium?
Yes, Streptokinase restores the perfusion of myocardium.