Stavudine + Lamivudine + Efavirenz
Information about Stavudine + Lamivudine + Efavirenz
Stavudine + lamivudine + efavirenz uses
Stavudine+Lamivudine+Efavirenz is used in the treatment of HIV infection.
How stavudine + lamivudine + efavirenz works
This is a combination of three antiviral medicines: Stavudine, Lamivudine and Efavirenz. They work by preventing HIV (virus) from multiplying, thereby reducing the amount of virus in your body. They also increase the CD4 cell (white blood cells that protect against infection) count in your blood.
Common side effects of stavudine + lamivudine + efavirenz
Drowsiness, Dizziness, Nausea, Diarrhea, Dryness in mouth, Tiredness, Headache, Fever, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Nightmare, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Skin rash
Available Medicine for Stavudine + Lamivudine + Efavirenz
- ₹55 to ₹123Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹96Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Stavudine + Lamivudine + Efavirenz
- Stavudine + Lamivudine + Efavirenz is a combination of three medicines which slows down or stops the progression of HIV infections.
- Take it on an empty stomach, preferably at bedtime, to reduce side effects.
- Skipping doses increases the risk of treatment failure. Make sure that you take all your doses at the correct time.
- Stavudine + Lamivudine + Efavirenz may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Stavudine + Lamivudine + Efavirenz can cause birth defects. Use effective contraception while taking Stavudine + Lamivudine + Efavirenz and 12 weeks after stopping it.
- It may cause weakening of your bones. Exercise regularly and take calcium and vitamin D supplements as suggested by your doctor.
- Your doctor may monitor your kidney and liver functions regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, darkened urine or yellowing of the eyes or skin.
- Do not stop taking Stavudine + Lamivudine + Efavirenz without your doctor’s advice.