Sparfloxacin + Dexamethasone
Information about Sparfloxacin + Dexamethasone
Sparfloxacin + Dexamethasone Uses
Sparfloxacin+Dexamethasone is used in the treatment of Bacterial eye / ear infections.
How Sparfloxacin + Dexamethasone works
Sparfloxacin + Dexamethasone is a combination of two medicines: Sparfloxacin and Dexamethasone. Sparfloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria in the eye/ear by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing. Dexamethasone is a steroid. It blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the eye/ear red, swollen and itchy.
Common side effects of Sparfloxacin + Dexamethasone
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Expert advice for Sparfloxacin + Dexamethasone
- Your doctor has prescribed Sparfloxacin + Dexamethasone to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Do not touch the tip to any surface, or to your eye/ear, to avoid contamination.
- Talk to your doctor if your symptoms haven't started to improve within two days of starting treatment, if they get worse during treatment or if you get another eye /ear infection.
- If using Sparfloxacin + Dexamethasone for the eye:
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Do not wear contact lenses while using this medication.
- It may cause short term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.