Information about Somatostatin
Somatostatin is used in the treatment of acromegaly, carcinoid tumours and bleeding esophageal varices.
How somatostatin works
Somatostatin works by blocking the effects of certain natural hormones in the body such as serotonin and growth hormone. It also decreases bleeding from food pipe by constricting (narrowing) the blood vessels.
Common side effects of somatostatin
Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Constipation, Flatulence, Headache, Increased glucose level in blood, Injection site reaction, Gallstones
Available Medicine for Somatostatin
- ₹3200Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹599 to ₹2629Serum Institute Of India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹570 to ₹2620Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹544 to ₹1895United Biotech Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1698Excella Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹500 to ₹965Biocon2 variant(s)