Information about Sodium Fluoride
Sodium fluoride uses
Sodium Fluoride is used in the treatment of hypersensitivity, inflammation of gums and dental cavities.
How sodium fluoride works
Sodium fluoride belongs to class of medications called as mineral supplements. It is an inorganic salt of fluoride that works by strengthening the teeth and reducing the effects of acid and bacteria on the teeth thereby making the teeth resistant to decay.
Common side effects of sodium fluoride
Altered taste, Application site irritation
Available Medicine for Sodium Fluoride
- ₹55Bell Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹32Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49NuLife Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹472Icpa Health Products Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sodium Fluoride
- Brush your teeth for at least one minute, preferably after each meal, or at least twice a day, or as directed by your dentist.
- Do not use the Sodium Fluoride for a duration of more than 4 weeks, unless recommended by a dentist.
- Notify the dentist if the problem persists or worsens. Sensitivity in the teeth may indicate a serious problem that may need prompt care by a dentist.
- For maximum effectiveness, avoid eating or drinking for 30 minutes after using the Sodium Fluoride.
Frequently asked questions for Sodium Fluoride
Q. Is sodium fluoride in toothpaste bad for you?
No, Sodium fluoride toothpaste is used to prevent cavities and make the teeth resistant to decay. It should be used once daily or as per the advice given by your doctor
Q. Does sodium fluoride cause canker sores?
No, Canker sores are caused by citric or acidic foods and health conditions such as deficiency in Vitamin B12, folic acid, iron or impaired immune system.