Information about Simvastatin + Ezetimibe
Simvastatin + Ezetimibe Uses
Simvastatin+Ezetimibe is used in the treatment of high cholesterol.
How Simvastatin + Ezetimibe works
Simvastatin + Ezetimibe is a combination of two medicines: Simvastatin and ezetimibe.Simvastatin is a lipid-lowering medicine which prevents your body from making "bad" cholesterol (LDL) while raising "good" cholesterol (HDL) levels. Ezetimibe is a cholesterol absorption inhibitor which prevents absorption of cholesterol from the intestines. Together, they provide better reduction of cholesterol in your body.
Common side effects of Simvastatin + Ezetimibe
Nausea, Constipation, Stomach pain, Headache, Muscle pain, Increased glucose level in blood, Increased liver enzymes
Available Medicine for Simvastatin + Ezetimibe
Arstatin EZAretaeus Pharmaceuticals
Simvotin EZSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹142 to ₹2572 variant(s)
Starstat EZLupin Ltd
₹69 to ₹972 variant(s)
Simcard EZCipla Ltd
Sqtine EZCubit Healthcare
Expert advice for Simvastatin + Ezetimibe
- You have been prescribed Simvastatin + Ezetimibe for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- Take it in addition to regular exercise and low-fat diet to lower levels of fat in the blood.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Notify your doctor if you experience muscle symptoms (pain or weakness), particularly if accompanied with fever.
- Notify your doctor if you experience stomach pain, loss of hunger, a sick feeling or dark urine.