Simvastatin + Ezetimibe
Information about Simvastatin + Ezetimibe
Simvastatin + ezetimibe uses
Simvastatin+Ezetimibe is used in the treatment of high cholesterol.
How simvastatin + ezetimibe works
This is a combination of two medicines: Simvastatin and ezetimibe.Simvastatin is a lipid-lowering medicine which prevents your body from making "bad" cholesterol (LDL) while raising "good" cholesterol (HDL) levels. Ezetimibe is a cholesterol absorption inhibitor which prevents absorption of cholesterol from the intestines. Together, they provide better reduction of cholesterol in your body.
Common side effects of simvastatin + ezetimibe
Nausea, Constipation, Stomach pain, Headache, Muscle pain, Increased glucose level in blood, Increased liver enzymes
Available Medicine for Simvastatin + Ezetimibe
- ₹142 to ₹257Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹83USV Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Aretaeus Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹98Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Simvastatin + Ezetimibe
- You have been prescribed Simvastatin + Ezetimibe for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- Take it in addition to regular exercise and low-fat diet to lower levels of fat in the blood.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Notify your doctor if you experience muscle symptoms (pain or weakness), particularly if accompanied with fever.
- Notify your doctor if you experience stomach pain, loss of hunger, a sick feeling or dark urine.