Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Information about Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Salmeterol + fluticasone propionate uses
Salmeterol+Fluticasone Propionate is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How salmeterol + fluticasone propionate works
This is a combination of two medicines: Salmeterol and Fluticasone Propionate. Salmeterol is a long-acting bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Fluticasone Propionate is a steroid. It works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
Common side effects of salmeterol + fluticasone propionate
Nausea, Vomiting, Respiratory tract infection, Fungal infections in the mouth, Headache, Hoarseness of voice, Sore throat, Cough, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
- ₹188 to ₹864Cipla Ltd17 variant(s)
- ₹172 to ₹612Lupin Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹248 to ₹785Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd9 variant(s)
- ₹170 to ₹575Zydus Cadila8 variant(s)
- ₹154 to ₹495Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹675Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd12 variant(s)
- ₹193 to ₹499Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹383 to ₹499Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹242 to ₹452Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹283 to ₹485Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
- Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate is a combination of two medicines that opens the airways and makes it easier to breathe.
- This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
- It should be taken at the same time each day.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take the first dose of this medicine under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood potassium level as low oxygen level in the blood (hypoxia) and medicines such as Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate can lower blood potassium level.
- Only miniscule amounts of Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects are unlikely.
Frequently asked questions for Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Q. What is Salmeterol+Fluticasone Propionate prescribed for?
Salmeterol+Fluticasone Propionate is prescribed to treat Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Asthma. The symptoms may include wheezing, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties.
Q. Can I stop taking Salmeterol+Fluticasone Propionate when my symptoms are relieved?
No, do not stop taking Salmeterol+Fluticasone Propionate. If you stop taking Salmeterol+Fluticasone Propionate, your symptoms may come back and may lead to serious complications. Take your medicine as advised by your doctor.
Q. Will Salmeterol+Fluticasone Propionate be more effective if taken in more than recommended dose?
No, taking more of this medicine will not make it more effective, rather it can lead to increased side effects. If symptoms are not getting relieved by the recommended doses, please consult the doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What are the instructions for storage and disposal of Salmeterol+Fluticasone Propionate?
Keep this medicine in the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.