Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Information about Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate Uses
How Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate works
Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate is a combination of two medicines: Salmeterol and Fluticasone Propionate. Salmeterol is a long-acting bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Fluticasone Propionate is a steroid. It works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
Common side effects of Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Nausea, Vomiting, Respiratory tract infection, Fungal infection of mouth, Headache, Hoarseness of voice, Sore throat, Cough, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
₹206 to ₹86417 variant(s)
₹190 to ₹6725 variant(s)
SeretideGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹248 to ₹8639 variant(s)
₹187 to ₹6308 variant(s)
FlutrolMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹154 to ₹5446 variant(s)
CombitideSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹31 to ₹67412 variant(s)
Airtec SFGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹193 to ₹4996 variant(s)
Digihaler SFGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹298 to ₹5983 variant(s)
Esiflo HfaLupin Ltd
₹252 to ₹4962 variant(s)
Quikhale SFIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹119 to ₹5294 variant(s)
Expert advice for Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
- Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate is a combination of two medicines that opens the airways and makes it easier to breathe.
- This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
- It should be taken at the same time each day.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take the first dose of this medicine under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood potassium level as low oxygen level in the blood (hypoxia) and medicines such as Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate can lower blood potassium level.
- Only miniscule amounts of Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects are unlikely.