Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Information about Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate Uses
Salmeterol+Fluticasone Propionate is used in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate works
Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate is a combination of two medicines: Salmeterol and Fluticasone Propionate. Salmeterol is a long-acting bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Fluticasone Propionate is a steroid. It works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
Common side effects of Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Headache, Cough, Upper respiratory tract infection, Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages), Sinus inflammation, Stomach discomfort, Fungal infection of oropharynx, Tremors, Palpitations, Voice change
Available Medicine for Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
₹262 to ₹91819 variant(s)
₹242 to ₹7905 variant(s)
SeretideGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹248 to ₹9499 variant(s)
₹248 to ₹7628 variant(s)
FlutrolMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹181 to ₹7236 variant(s)
CombitideSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹31 to ₹73012 variant(s)
Airtec SFGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹11 to ₹5465 variant(s)
Digihaler SFGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹298 to ₹7173 variant(s)
Esiflo HfaLupin Ltd
₹252 to ₹5842 variant(s)
Quikhale SFIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹154 to ₹6294 variant(s)
Expert advice for Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
- This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
- It should be taken at the same time each day.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take the first dose of this medicine under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood potassium level as low oxygen level in the blood (hypoxia) and medicines such as Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate can lower blood potassium level.
- Only miniscule amounts of Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects are unlikely.