Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Information about Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate Uses
Salmeterol+Fluticasone Propionate is used in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate works
Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate is a combination of two medicines: Salmeterol and Fluticasone Propionate. Salmeterol is a long-acting bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Fluticasone Propionate is a steroid. It works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
Common side effects of Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Nausea, Vomiting, Respiratory tract infection, Fungal infection of mouth, Headache, Hoarseness of voice, Sore throat, Cough, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
₹238 to ₹86419 variant(s)
₹229 to ₹7385 variant(s)
SeretideGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹248 to ₹8639 variant(s)
₹226 to ₹6938 variant(s)
FlutrolMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹181 to ₹5986 variant(s)
CombitideSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹31 to ₹73012 variant(s)
Airtec SFGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹11 to ₹5464 variant(s)
Digihaler SFGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹298 to ₹6553 variant(s)
Esiflo HfaLupin Ltd
₹252 to ₹5462 variant(s)
Quikhale SFIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹154 to ₹6294 variant(s)
Expert advice for Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate
- This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
- It should be taken at the same time each day.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take the first dose of this medicine under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood potassium level as low oxygen level in the blood (hypoxia) and medicines such as Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate can lower blood potassium level.
- Only miniscule amounts of Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects are unlikely.