Salicylic Acid Topical
Information about Salicylic Acid Topical
Salicylic acid topical uses
Salicylic Acid Topical is used in the treatment of psoriasis, keratoses (abnormal skin growth) and dermatitis.
How salicylic acid topical works
Salicylic acid belongs to a class of medications called as keratolytics. It works by reducing swelling and redness and thus causing pimples to shrink. It also loosens and softens the dry, scaly skin thus causing it to peel off.
Common side effects of salicylic acid topical
Available Medicine for Salicylic Acid Topical
- ₹230Glowderma Labs Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹199Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹495Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹229Percos India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Salicylic Acid Topical
- Do not use salicylic acid topical for genital warts, warts on the face, warts with hair, warts in the nose or mouth, moles or birthmarks.
- Avoid direct contact of solution with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not cover treated skin with any clothing, bandage or heating pad, as it may increase the burning sensation.
- Do not apply salicylic acid solution to open wounds, inflamed or irritated skin or immediately after shaving or bathing.
- Discontinue use of medicated plaster and consult your doctor if you experience excess discomfort or irritation or if you develop sensitivity.
- Do not use salicylic acid on children or adolescents without your doctor’s advice.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to salicylic acid or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are suffering from diabetes.
- Do not use if you have poor blood circulation.
Frequently asked questions for Salicylic Acid Topical
Salicylic Acid Topical
Q. Is salicylic acid good for acne/acne scars/skin/hair/genital warts/remove dark spots/exfoliate skin?
Salicylic acid is part of an acne preparation. It is used to treat acne, blemishes (scars and dark spots due to acne). It is also used for dandruff problems. It should not be used for exfoliating the skin or to treat genital warts
Q. Does salicylic acid work?
Salicylic acid works best if used for an indication at the dose prescribed by the doctor
Q. Does it expire?
Salicylic acid does expire and should not be used beyond the expiry date.