Information about S-Metoprolol Tartrate
S-Metoprolol Tartrate Uses
How S-Metoprolol Tartrate works
S-Metoprolol Tartrate is a beta blocker that works specifically on the heart. It works by slowing down the heart rate and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of S-Metoprolol Tartrate
Nausea, Headache, Fatigue, Constipation, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Cold extremities
Available Medicine for S-Metoprolol Tartrate
Expert advice for S-Metoprolol Tartrate
- S-Metoprolol Tartrate lowers your blood pressure and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
- Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent stroke and heart attack.
- It may also be used to reduce the number and severity of angina attacks (chest pain caused by heart disease).
- It may cause dizziness. If this happens to you, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you are diabetic. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Do not stop taking S-Metoprolol Tartrate suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.