Information about S-Amlodipine
How S-Amlodipine works
S-Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker. In high blood pressure, it normalizes the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels to reduce the pressure on them, thereby improving the blood flow in the body. The enhanced blood flow in the body further relaxes the heart muscles by reducing the workload on the heart. It also improves the oxygen flow in the body, thereby, preventing any heart-related chest pain.
Common side effects of S-Amlodipine
Ankle swelling, Dizziness, Edema (swelling), Fatigue, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Palpitations
Available Medicine for S-Amlodipine
EsamTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹14 to ₹1193 variant(s)
S-AmcardSystopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹252 variant(s)
Amlovas SMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹22 to ₹382 variant(s)
SamlokindMankind Pharma Ltd
Big DvrBestoChem Formulations India Ltd
Q SpinQ Check Speciality Care
₹39 to ₹512 variant(s)
DrulongDrukst Biotech Private Limited
S-AmleodKnoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹28 to ₹422 variant(s)
S-AmlodeJohnlee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹28 to ₹482 variant(s)
S AmlovazEdinburgh Pharmaceuticals
₹38 to ₹432 variant(s)
Expert advice for S-Amlodipine
- Take it at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- A sudden drop in your blood pressure may occur, especially when you first start taking S-Amlodipine. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. To reduce the swelling, raise your legs while you are sitting down. Talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or perform any activity that requires mental focus until you know how S-Amlodipine affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.