Information about S-Amlodipine
S-Amlodipine is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure) and subarachnoid haemorrhage.
How s-amlodipine works
S-Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker. It works by relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of s-amlodipine
Nausea, Dizziness, Headache, Muscle cramp, Palpitations, Sleepiness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Abdominal pain, Ankle swelling, Edema (swelling), Fatigue
Available Medicine for S-Amlodipine
- ₹14 to ₹99Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹25Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹39Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹52Q Check Speciality Care2 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹42Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60Drukst Biotech Private Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹48Johnlee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹18BestoChem Formulations India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹55Indospectrum Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.2 variant(s)
- ₹40Sunwell Life sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for S-Amlodipine
- A sudden drop in your blood pressure may occur, especially when you first start taking S-Amlodipine. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. Raise your legs while you are sitting down. Talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or perform activity require mental focus until you know how S-Amlodipine affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.