Rupatadine + Montelukast
Information about Rupatadine + Montelukast
Rupatadine + Montelukast Uses
Rupatadine+Montelukast is used in the treatment of sneezing and runny nose due to allergies.
How Rupatadine + Montelukast works
Rupatadine + Montelukast is a combination of two medicines: Rupatadine and Montelukast, which treats sneezing and runny nose caused due to allergies. Rupatadine is an antiallergic which blocks the action a chemical messenger (histamine) responsible for runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking the action of another chemical messenger (leukotriene). This reduces inflammation (swelling) in the airways and nose, and improves symptoms.
Common side effects of Rupatadine + Montelukast
Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Diarrhea, Skin rash, Flu-like symptoms, Sleepiness, Headache, Fatigue, Dizziness, Weakness
Expert advice for Rupatadine + Montelukast
- You have been prescribed Rupatadine + Montelukast to help relieve symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and cough.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Rupatadine + Montelukast can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Rupatadine + Montelukast as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Stop taking Rupatadine + Montelukast at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.