Information about Rupatadine
Rupatadine is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
How rupatadine works
Rupatadine is an antihistaminic medication. It blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of rupatadine
Available Medicine for Rupatadine
- ₹105Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹78Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹115Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹89Leeford Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Wens Drugs India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹73La Med India1 variant(s)
- ₹55Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹133Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹95Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Invision Medi Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rupatadine
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver impairment, having porphyria (this is a rare inherited blood disorder), ever had an allergic reaction to another antihistamine, or to any other medicine, in elderly, and in children less than 12 years.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as rupatadine may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking rupatadine, as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for Rupatadine
Q. How does Rupatadine work?
Rupatadine blocks histamine action, which reduces allergy symptoms.