Information about Roxithromycin + Ambroxol
Roxithromycin + Ambroxol Uses
Roxithromycin+Ambroxol is used in the treatment of respiratory tract infection.
How Roxithromycin + Ambroxol works
Roxithromycin + Ambroxol is a combination of two medicines: Roxithromycin and Ambroxol which treat respiratory tract infection associated with excessive mucus (phlegm). Roxithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Ambroxol is a mucolytic which thins and loosens mucus (phlegm), making it easier to cough out. Addition of Ambroxol enhances the antibacterial effect of Roxithromycin .
Common side effects of Roxithromycin + Ambroxol
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Roxithromycin + Ambroxol
Roxid MAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹50 to ₹2202 variant(s)
Roxina MHamax Pharmaceuticals
N Rox ASanjeevani Bio-Tech Pvt Ltd
Etharest AHMedicamen Biotech Ltd
Arox AAust Ind Labs
Roxi ALemford Biotech Pvt Ltd
Woodrox AMWood Rock Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Roxee MCipla Ltd
Expert advice for Roxithromycin + Ambroxol
- Take your medication timely to maintain steady levels in your body.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- It is advisable to drink plenty of fluids and a healthy diet while taking the medicine.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking medication as it may cause increased side effects.
- Discontinue Roxithromycin + Ambroxol and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.